One of our most essential cat products in our homes should be a cat bed. Your kitty cat requires a spot of their own to chill and feel safe. Taking it to the next level for your cat would be to spoil your cat with a heated cat bed. Cats love to be warm. They love to sun themselves and seek heat everywhere in the home. With a heated cat bed we can do two things at once and be a proper crazy cat parent. There are various kinds of heated cat beds on the market, we’ve picked out and listed some of the best ones here.
Why do cats seek warmth?
DNA tests and genealogy tracing bring cats back to their roots as originally desert animals. This makes them more likely to thrive and be happy when their warm. This could also be transferred to human performance in that we tend to be more able to perform athletically when warm. Cats being predator and prey animals, being warm likely would keep them loose and ready to pounce or flee with maximum muscle performance.
Cats also find being warm comforting much like a toasty blanket or fire for us humans. It comforts them. They seek our laps and my cats sit by the furnace ducts in the winter. Giving our cats a natural warm spot to call their own should be a priority for us cat lovers. These cat beds come in all shapes but I especially like the den style ones because cats also love to feel safe and protected inside places like boxes and under blankets.
Why Not Just a Heating Pad?
Human heating pads are essentially too hot for your pets. Yes you can set them low however that still is a bit warm for kitty cat to sleep on as a bed. Heated cat beds are designed to keep a nice stable 102 F when they feel pressure on them. This is a suitable temperature for your cat to rest comfortably in a warm spot without the risk of burns or overheating. Spoil your cat with a heated cat bed the right way, with a designed product tailored to their body needs.
What Heated Cat Bed Should I Buy?
There are a lot of different options and styles online at Amazon Pets, however being a cat person I would definitely pass on a few of them. To spoil your cat with a heated cat bed you want to make sure they’re going to be attracted to it enough to notice the warmth. Some cats may just flop on a heating pad and discover it, but if it isn’t high sided or covered I think your cat would just prefer your lap. You want to find one big enough for your cat and almost like a little cave for them.
What are the best heated cat beds?
K&H PET PRODUCTS MOD DREAM POD CAT CAVE
The K&H Heated Cat Bed cave is a great option and has everything your cat should like. A cave like design with a hole they can swing out with their paws at you. It’s their own private sleeping hole or hidey spot. Its of course loaded up with a warming pad on the bottom and has covers that come off for easy washing if needed. It also comes with a very high rating from Amazon shoppers at 4.5 stars.
- Large enough for any cat
- Unique bowl design for comfort
- Rugged 600 denier polyester exterior
- Plush lycra interior
- Remove the cover and wash it on the gentle cycle with cold Water. Line dry or use the no-heat cycle on your dryer.
K&H Pet Products Thermo Kitty Heated Hooded Cat Bed
High sides with a little cover to protect their blind spot, cats will love this heated cat bed from K&H. It has a pressure sensor that won’t turn it on until your cat sits in it which helps to save money on electricity or help you to not remember to turn it on. A super good option in cat beds if you don’t want one fully covered.
- Heater uses only 4 watts and is met listed
- Hood zips off easily to create a kitty Cup
- Removable heater and cover for Easy wash and care
- For Indoor use
- Available in 2 SIZES and 2 colors
K&H Thermo Kitty Heated Pet Bed
This little nugget of goodness for your cat is a great choice if you don’t pick the covered cat cave model. It has high sides so your little buddy can sink down low. It has nice raised sides to allow your cat to feel surrounded and safe. A little ledge for them to rest their chin or bury their heads inside. Also of course warmed to the right temperature for your cat, and only heats up when they are sitting in it. Another product with high ratings on Amazon from current owners.
- Cat heated bed features soft foam walls for your cat’s comfort
- Electric cat bed is thermostatically controlled to automatically respond to temperature changes to warm to your pet’s normal body temperature only when your pet is in the bed
- Removable cover for easy wash and care
- Low wattage, using only 4 watts
- This cat bed heated has been tested & certified by MET Labs to exceed USA/CA electrical safety standards
Heated “Outdoor” Cat House
I know this isn’t really a bed or even claims to even be for indoor use but I don’t care. The theme of this post is a how to spoil your cat with a heated cat bed or even spoil you cat in general. If you’re a cat person you’ll know they love to sit in boxes and bags and den like structures. This item is excellent for somewhere in our outside your home for them to chill in. A house within a house or a spot on the porch or patio if you let them outside. Weatherproof and heated inside to keep them warm which they love. I’ve placed my Amazon order already for mine!
- Our cozy heated cat house is the perfect home for outdoor cats, community cats, and feral cats
- The featured 20 watt MET safety listed plush heated pet bed inside the K&H Outdoor Heated Kitty House keeps your kitties warm — even in sub-zero temperatures; Cord Length – 5.5 feet
- The two exits include removable clear door flaps to protect kitty from the harsh elements of winter, and the heated pad cover is conveniently removable and washable for continual use
- Perfect for cats that prefer to sleep in garages, porches, barns, or even in colder parts of the house
- These heated cat houses have been tested & certified by MET Labs to exceed USA/CA electrical safety standards, they are safe for use indoors and outdoors
- One-year limited warranty; If you have questions, please contact us at 1-877-738-5188
- Keep all cats of any shape and size warm and comfortable in this easy-to-assemble, winter-proof, insulted cat shelter
We know your cats will all feel super cozy and warm and happy with any of the products listed here. It’s a great time to be a cat owner and a spoiled house cat with all the comfort products we can provide for them. We’re all about your cats health here so we encourage you to read on here about how you can keep your cat healthy by using the Three Best Cat Litters on the market.